1/8/12

Már csak egy hét - It is just a week away

Click on the comments button to read the post in English:)

Az elmúlt év igencsak mozgalmasra sikeredett. Éltem Hollandiában, aztán tavasszal Bécsbe költöztem, (tavasz plusz Bécs=mennyország) befejeztem a szakdolgozatomat (Uramatyám, néha úgy éreztem sosem jutok a végére!), majd végre lediplomáztam. Utazgattam is: elmentem a Benelux államokba a tanulmányi útra, Malayziában ünnepeltük a harmadik X-em, és volt egy szuper hosszú hétvégénk Barcelonában. Most pedig a helyzet az, hogy jövő héten megint elindulok. Az úticél  ezúttal pedig nem más, mint a csípős Dél-Nyugat! A Magyar Fulbright Bizottságnak és a Houstoni Egyetemnek  köszönhetően  Houston-ban  fogok eltölteni 6 hónapot. A jogi karnak van egy Környezetvédelmi, Energia és Természeti Energiaforrások Kutatási Központja, én pedig itt fogok kutatni a mentorommal. Hihetetlenül izgatott vagyok, hiszen Fulbright-osnak lenni nem csak megtiszteltetés, de igazi kihívás is, amit bizony állni kell.

Van azért jó hír is. Ha minden jól alakul, jobbik felem meglátogat a tavaszi szünetben, bérelünk egy verdát és nekivágunk a Nyugati partnak.  Jól hangzik, igaz?


4 comments:

My last year was quite a busy one. I studied in the Netherlands then moved to Vienna, Austria on the first day of the spring. (spring plus Vienna = perfect heaven) I managed to finish my thesis on time (Oh Lord, it felt like a never-ending paper sometimes), and finally graduated with a master's degree. I travelled quite a lot: went for a study trip to the Benelux, celebrated my birthday in Malaysia and had a fantastic long-weekend in Barcelona. And the thing is that I am on the go again... and the destination is nothing but the Spicy Southwest! Thanks to the Hungarian Fulbright Commission and the University of Houston I will spend the upcoming 6 months in Houston. The Law Center has an Environment, Energy and Natural Resource Research Center this is where I am going to conduct my research with the help of my mentor. OMG, I am so excited... Being a Fulbright grantee is not only a great honor but also an enormous challenge for me... and you must rise to the challenge, right?
Besides, I have some exciting news for you. If everything goes well, my better half is going to visit me during my spring break... high time to rent a car and explore the West Coast! Sounds cool, doesn't it?

ps. if you have some traveling tips regarding the Spicy Southwest I am more than happy to hear them:)

Hajra Judit!!! Ha egy idozonaban leszunk tobbet tudunk chatelni :)

Utazasra javaslat: Grand Canyon termeszetesen :) Legalabb egy teljes nap, foglaljatok szallast ha lehet ket ejszakara.

Oh how wonderful!!! I hope you have a fantastic time in Houston. :-) For a true Texas experience, you must eat at The Cracker Barrel. :-) I hope you get to drive up the West Coast. It's my favorite place in America. :-)

Post a Comment